Monday, April 14, 2014

Envelope Quilt

I was checking out the Missouri Star Quilt Company for some quick tutorials to use up some pre cuts. While I had some difficulty getting the pre cuts I wanted I was able to put together a selection of batiks and make a lovely quilt.

envelope block
I really like this block, how easy it was to make along with the technique for making HST's.  I must remember this method, so much easier.  It took two nights of piecing to get all the blocks together, and a Saturday afternoon to get the top together.

trying layouts

If I need a quick quilt, or want to use up some larger pieces of fabric, this will be the pattern to use it on. I really like how the block showcases the batiks, but I think a layer cake featuring one of the modern fabric lines will be equally as attractive.

almost done



No comments: