Friday, July 4, 2014

Gracie Girl Quilt


Last Christmas I happened into a local quilt store while home in Victoria. While leaning against the counter waiting against the counter to check out a colorful bundle of fabric caught my eye.  It was called Gracie Girl by Riley Blake.  I am a fan of Riley Blake, finding their fabric works in all sorts of creations that I make. It also comes up with some great boy fabrics which excites me greatly as boy materials are hard to find. This particular fabric bundle is very feminine without being overly sugary.

 



As my mom's name is Grace I thought this fabric would make a great quilt for her. The pattern that I choose was one that I had in my collection of patterns for a while.  It is called Labyrinth and from Rita at Red Pepper Quilts.  Its an easy pattern but a little care has to be given to how you place the fabrics to get the optimum effect. It is quilted with a variegated thread in an all over dragonfly meandering pattern in a fairly tight sequence which really fills in the negative space nicely. Now all that is left is to wrap it up and put it into the mail.  Happy Birthday Mum.

No comments: