Monday, August 4, 2014

August Joy Bee Blocks

Its my turn once more to host and choose the bee blocks for Joy do. good stitches.  I had been going through all the blocks I had chosen as a favorites and kept on changing my mind on what to do. In the end I thought I would do a block that is a simple HST ( half square triangle) and when put all together it reminds me of the God's eye craft made out of Popsicle sticks and yarn.

The colors were chosen using a layout from Design Seeds.  I love that sight for color inspiration and wonderful photography. As you can see the colors are colors of the water and sand and a bit of moonlight (light grey) thrown in.

I think it is going to be a gorgeous quilt when it is all done. And since it is all HST's I might have to use this block pattern to use up some of those charm packs I have stashed away in the closet.

No comments: