Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Jungle Bungle Remix

Back when the snow was flying one of the Joy do good stitches ladies requested a block called the Jungle Bungle. The block was from one of my favorite bloggers, Sew Crafty Jess. The block itself is simple, square center with a border in white followed by a larger border. Easy peasy and makes a great baby quilt.



Since I always have need for some baby quilts to be ready to give away I decided to use up some of my Riley Blake collection that I have squirreled away for boy quilts.  I don't know about you but I often find it hard to find boy prints in my LQS often having to get them online instead.

The blocks took me an afternoon to make and then in the spirit of being thrifty I decided to use up some long lengths of fabric in coordinating colors to lengthen the quilt.  Of course it has a flannel backing and polyester batting that gets nice and fluffy when washed.


Arlene did the quilting on this one. The quilting reminds me of swirling ocean waves as it moves across the quilt in its variegated thread. Come to think of it I think I need to make a few more of these blocks.  Very effective no matter what way you want to place the block.

No comments: