Friday, August 22, 2014

Navy Fizz

Last week the Fat Quarter Shop came out with a new fast and free pattern called Fat Quarter Fizz.  It is very simple and the placement of light and dark make a nice overall pattern.  What I like is that is is simple cause I have to get a quilt top done and to the long armer pronto!

Working weekends, unplanned has messed up my sewing plans to get a quilt done to say Happy Retirement to one of my colleagues in early September. I chose a two fabric lines I had collected with a navy or mariner theme, pressed and cut them out and spent a few hours sewing these blocks.


Next step is to lay them out on my bed and try to figure the best placement for them all, sew them up, make the back and get the batting then off to the long armer for her magic.

No comments: