Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Green Stars

On my quest to complete eight quilts in time for Christmas, I decided that I would make a pattern from a book I recently picked up, Vintage Quilt Revival by Katie Clark Blakesley, Lee Heinrich and Faith Jones.  Faith did up a quilt called Geometric Slide Quilt using the double Z block.  Personally I don't see the Zzzz"s but flying wings of a bird when I look at this block.


This was an interesting quilt to make due to the process. I thought I had enough of the background to do that whole quilt in the lime green but sadly ran out and did not have enough to float the blocks which meant I had to go out and buy some new fabric for it. I chose a darker lime with a small check print on it which tones nicely with the whole thing.


But it is a bright quilt - good thing the little boy that it is intended for is bright and shining with a huge personality.  They will match each other quite nicely I think,

No comments: