Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Black White and Cream Quilt

Back when the snow was flying around these parts I started on a quilt made from an assortment of cream, black, and greys.  My LQS had a fabric line that was pretty without being too feminine which I thought would make a great quilt. I paired the fabric with a pattern from Quilts from Sweet Jane by Sue Pfau.

Her patterns are very clear to follow, well written and go together well. Since she uses mostly pre-cuts the patterns allow me to use up the stash of pre-cuts that I have to make pretty well loved quilts. I am currently working my way through the book and have made four out of ten patterns.


This quilt was quilted using a cream thread in a large circle swirling motion. The back is one of the larger prints used in the top of the quilt that makes it very showy and pretty but not too girly.  As I was sewing down the binding outside at a picnic table one of the guys at work commented on it positively so it can't be that feminine if a tough Sergeant likes it.



No comments: