Sunday, June 21, 2015

Military Max

When Riley Blake came out with their Military Max line of fabrics I knew that I had to order at the very least a charm pack. Working on a military base with a lot of young soldiers there are babies being born almost on a weekly basis.  I do not know what our local ob/gyn would do with out our young soldiers keeping them up at night!


Sadly the place that had them on sale only carried layer cakes so I bought one knowing that I would have leftovers and be able to make two quilts.  The first quilt that I made was for the Acting Officer Commanding, Jenni.  She was expecting a baby boy as it would turn out to be at the end of May.  I cut it pretty close to the deadline literally hand stitching the binding 30 min before the baby shower.  Then it was running off to take photos before it was given away. Lucky me outside our offices is plenty of green army stuff to help make a neat backdrop.



Its hard to tell from these photos but it pattern is from Quilting Quickly ( I think but don't hold me to it). The HST's make a large star effect that is quite pretty and works well with the fabrics. The scale of the fabric line was not so huge to make things challenging so that was a plus has well.

No comments: